Worried About a Fire in Your Home? Five Reasons to Purchase a Chimney Liner
If you own a home that is equipped with a chimney, then you will probably want to look into getting a chimney liner. You have more than likely heard stories about improperly cleaned chimneys causing home fires, but old chimneys can catch fire regardless of their cleanliness. Here are a few things that you should know about chimney liners and chimney cover caps.
1. A UL listed stainless steel liner is one of the most popular, efficient, and effective ways to re-line a chimney. By replacing your chimney flue liners, you will be able to help ensure that your home is protected from a chimney fire.
2. Another great feature of stainless steel chimney liners is that they an affordable alternative to most traditional chimney liners. You would probably have to hire a mason to replace or repair a chimney liner the traditional way. Stainless steel chimney liners can be installed right in your current chimney.
3. Creosote fires, which are caused by improperly cleaned buildup in chimneys, are estimated to be the cause of almost 15,000 home fires every year.
4. Not only is an improperly cleaned chimney a fire hazard, but it is also a dangerous source of carbon monoxide.
5. The idea that Santa Claus comes down the chimney to deliver Christmas presents originated in a 1823 poem by Clement Clarke Moore. The best way to prevent Saint Nick from dislodging your new stainless steel chimney liner is to purchase a chimney cover cap.