Going Through A Divorce? Make Sure That You Ask Your Divorce Lawyer These Questions

Written by admin on June 30, 2013. Posted in Divorce lawyer, Galveston divorce attorney, Galveston divorce lawyer

Galveston child custody attorney

Divorce can be very challenging, both emotionally and financially. Did you know that a University of Cincinnati study from August 2012 found that men are more likely than women to turn to drinking after divorce? In the United States, divorce rates among couples over 50 have doubled in the last 20 years, according to a study by Bowling Green State University and the divorce rate for a first marriage is around 41 percent . And in some situations, divorce is simply inevitable. Living together before marriage is no longer a strong predictor of divorce, according to a study released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in early 2012.

Divorce can be caused be a whole host of different factors, financial troubles, personality conflicts, infidelity, etc. And interestingly, a University of Florence study found that infidelity outside the home was associated with “a higher risk of major cardiovascular event,” including fatal heart attacks. However, no matter what the cause of divorce you always want to make sure that you have a qualified divorce lawyer, such as a Galveston divorce lawyer, sometimes often called a Galveston divorce attorney.

However, make sure you do a bit of research prior to hiring an attorney. If you are wondering how to find a divorce lawyer or child custody attorneys, there are several things to keep in mind. Ideally, you will want to meet with an attorney prior to hiring him or her. And, there are several essential questions to ask a divorce lawyer during this initial meeting. First of all, ideally you will want to a lawyer that specializes in divorce law. One of the most important questions to ask an attorney is how long they have been practicing, as well as what percentage of their law is family law. It can also be a good idea to ask about payment practices and how long they anticipate the proceedings to take. When hiring a divorce lawyer, it never hurts to go online and and find a comprehensive list of questions to ask a divorce lawyer.

Trackback from your site.

Comments (7)

• October 15, 2013 at 10:06 am |

What an interesting and informative article. I had actually never thought to have an initial consultation prior to hiring an attorney; what an excellent idea.

• Layla Collins
    February 25, 2014 at 4:06 pm |

My husband and I went through a pretty nasty divorce. Luckily, I had an excellent attorney. She really helped me out tremendously. I totally agree that it is essential to have an excellent lawyer.

• Nevaeh Sutton
    March 27, 2014 at 5:21 pm |

• Jacob Gibson
    April 26, 2014 at 7:14 pm |

• May 26, 2014 at 7:17 pm |

• June 25, 2014 at 7:19 pm |

• Emily Tate
    July 25, 2014 at 7:21 pm |

You must be logged in to post a comment.

El Paso

Welcome to our web site. We bring you news, financial info and weather for beautiful El Paso. We all run a few articles on other topics that we are sure you will enjoy.

Japanese Search

News

Error message: Atypical RSS/Atom feed or not supported by this plugin.

Recent Comments

• Chad Cross

July 25, 2014 |

I used to live in Rochester before I moved to Buffalo, NY, which is a much bigger city than Rochester.

• Isabella Campell

July 25, 2014 |

I have gone through that line fairly quickly. It just depends on how many people are there on that particular day. Just plan on being flexible.

• Emily Tate

July 25, 2014 |

• Jeffery Vargas

July 25, 2014 |

We rent a virtual office space in Miami and it allows us access to the support staff that we need, but cannot really afford as well as access to high quality machines.

• Arthur Wright

July 25, 2014 |

Hey, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. I guess you are covered…

Market Watch